Formerly Taos County Lodgers Association (TCLA)
TCLA is a 35-year-old organization of businesses involved in the tourism industry of Taos County.
It was incorporated in 1989.
In July 2014, Taos County Lodgers Association changed its name to better describe its mission of promoting tourism in Taos through public/private collaborative initiatives.
The new name is MARKETAOS but the goal remains to fully develop the “Taos brand” using appropriate messaging and communication vehicles.
“This is a natural evolution” says board president, John Abeln. “The TCLA has been around for more than 30 years. With market and economic changes our name doesn't reflect our prime
mission today and this has caused some confusion. Now, it should be clear that MARKETAOS is the primary connection to out-of-market visitors seeking to understand and plan for their
This organizations activities include:
- • Publishes the annual Taos Vacation Guide, Taos' main tourism response piece and its online counterpart, Taos.org.
- • Solicits and receives grant monies from the State and County to enhance Taos tourism marketing.
- • Places Taos tourism ads in NM Vacation Guide and other regional tourism publications.
- • Is a networking conduit for lodging properties.
- • Lobbies local, county and state governmental bodies on issues relating to tourism.
- • Supports local arts, cultural and educational organizations through financial and marketing contributions.
- • Works closely with other Taos marketing organizations including the Village of Taos Ski Valley, the Town of Taos and its PR agency, Griffin & Associates.
2014 MARKETAOS Board of Directors:
John Abeln, President, Dreamcatcher B&B
Christopher Smith, Treasurer, The Historic Taos Inn
Deborah McLean, Taos Center for the Arts
Andy Ross, Siriusware
Robert Cahalane, Inn on the Rio B&B
Louise Blair, Quality Inn of Taos
PO Box 2938
Taos, New Mexico 87571